Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment and injury or death to personnel may occur.
Remove engine ground wire located on right side of chassis.
Remove starter motor wires.
Remove six bolts, washers, and crossmember located between hood and windshield.
Hydraulic fluid (Dexron III) is TOXIC. Wear protective goggles and gloves; use only in
well-ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes. Skin and clothing that come in contact
with hydraulic oil should be washed immediately. Saturated clothing should be removed immediately.
Failure to comply may result in injury to personnel.
Disconnect hydraulic line (1) located at bottom of steering gear box (2). Drain power steering reservoir into
Disconnect transmission oil sending unit (3).
Remove transmission oil cooler line (4) from elbow (5).
Loosen locknut (6) and remove elbow (5) from transmission block by rotating counterclockwise.
Remove four self-locking nuts, bolts, and eight washers securing Air-Conditioner (A/C) condenser. Discard
Protect A/C condenser core with cardboard, and place it on right wheel.
(10) Secure A/C condenser core to fender arm with cable ties.
(11) Disconnect two hydraulic hoses to hydraulic oil cooler.
(12) Remove four self-locking nuts, bolts, and eight washers securing hydraulic oil cooler. Discard self-locking nuts.
(13) Protect cooler core with cardboard and remove hydraulic oil cooler.
(14) Disconnect coolant reservoir hose.
(15) Remove four clamps and upper and lower radiator hoses from radiator.
(16) Remove four self-locking nuts, eight washers, four bolts and radiator from radiator mount bracket. Discard