· JP-8 fuel oil under pressure can penetrate the skin causing serious injury, blindness, or death.
Ensure all pressure is released before disturbing the fuel system. Failure to comply may result in
injury or death to personnel.
· No smoking, flames, sparks, or glowing or hot objects are allowed within 50 ft. (15 m) of vehicle.
Fire or explosion may cause personal injury or death.
· Fuel and oil are slippery and can cause falls. To avoid injury, wipe up spilled fuel or oil with rags.
· To prevent possible injury, wear gloves and protective eye equipment when handling fuel. Failure
to comply may result in injury or death to personnel.
(48) Loosen clamps and disconnect fuel supply and return lines from top of fuel tank.
(50) Remove exhaust pipe and seal turbine side of turbocharger using a clean cloth.
(51) Remove air inlet duct at turbocharger inlet, remove air intake pipe, and seal impeller side of turbocharger with a
clean cloth. Disconnect throttle cable (41) where it meets fuel metering unit.
(52) Remove air compressor supply line (42) and two governor lines (43) at air compressor (44).
(53) Disconnect engine oil pressure sensor wire (45).
(54) Disconnect wiring harness (46) at fuel shutoff.
If vehicle has cold weather kit, remove two clamps and hoses in Step (55).
(55) Loosen clamp (46.1), and remove heater pressure hose (46.2) and clamp from fitting (47) located on rear of engine