This Task Covers:
d. Follow-On Maintenance
MOS 62B, Construction Equipment Repairer (2)
Tools and Special Tools
TM or Para
Pitman arm removed.
Estimated Time to Complete Task
· Degreasing Solvent (MIL-PRF-680) is toxic and flammable. Keep away from heat or flame. Never
smoke when using solvent. The flashpoint for Type II Degreasing Solvent is 141 °F (61 °C). Wear
protective goggles, face shield, and gloves; use only in a well-ventilated area; avoid contact with
skin, eyes, and clothes; and do not breathe vapors. Failure to comply may result in injury or death
· If personnel become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh air and medical
help. If solvent contacts skin or clothes, flush with cold water. If solvent contacts eyes, immediately
flush eyes with water and get immediate medical attention.
· Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds burn easily and give off vapors that are harmful to the
skin and clothing. To avoid injury or death, keep away from open fire when using these materials,
and use only in well-ventilated areas. If adhesives, solvents, or sealing compounds contact the skin
or clothing, wash immediately with soap and water, and rinse thoroughly. Failure to comply may
result in injury or death to personnel.
· Remove cable ties as necessary.
· Tag all hoses, wires, and tubes and note their positions before removal.
· Cap and plug all tubes, hoses, and fittings upon removal.
Clean power steering lines and hoses with degreasing solvent and a clean cloth.