· To avoid possible fatal injuries, do not under any circumstances attempt to dismantle the spring
brake chambers on the vehicle.
· Ensure air pressure is drained to 0 psi (0 kPa) before taking off any air components. If pressure is
not released, components could blow off and harm personnel. The IHMEE air system is pressurized
to 119 psi (820 kPa). Do not drain air from a tank with any part of body in air spray path. Skin
embolisms and/or debris in eyes can occur from released pressure. Failure to comply may result in
injury or death to personnel.
· Tag all hoses, wires, and tubes and note their positions before removal.
· Cap and plug all tubes, hoses, and fittings upon removal.
· Remove cable ties as necessary.
· All spring brake chambers are removed same way.
Remove all pneumatic fittings.
Remove clevis pin (1) and cotter pin from
spring brake chamber (2). Discard cotter pin.
Remove two nuts (3) and washers (4) from
spring brake chamber (2).
Remove spring brake chamber (2).
Remove supply and return air line elbow
Note position and thread count on actuator rod.
Loosen jam nut (6) and remove clevis (7).