· Tag all hoses and tubes and note their
positions before removal.
· Cap and plug all tubes, hoses, and fittings
· Remove cable ties as necessary.
Place drain pan and loosen three hose
clamps (1) on transmission oil cooler (2).
Remove two hoses (3) from transmission oil
Loosen two mounting clamps (4) on transmission oil cooler (2). Discard lockwashers.
Remove transmission oil cooler (2) from mounting clamps (4).
· Degreasing Solvent (MIL-PRF-680) is toxic and flammable. Keep away from heat or flame. Never
smoke when using solvent. The flashpoint for Type II Degreasing Solvent is 141 °F (61 °C). Wear
protective goggles, face shield, and gloves; use only in a well-ventilated area; avoid contact with
skin, eyes, and clothes; and do not breathe vapors. Failure to comply may result in injury or death
· If personnel become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh air and medical
help. If solvent contacts skin or clothes, flush with cold water. If solvent contacts eyes, immediately
flush eyes with water and get immediate medical attention.
· Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds burn easily and give off vapors that are harmful to the
skin and clothing. To avoid injury or death, keep away from open fire when using these materials,
and use only in well-ventilated areas. If adhesives, solvents, or sealing compounds contact the skin
or clothing, wash immediately with soap and water, and rinse thoroughly. Failure to comply may
result in injury or death to personnel.
The transmission oil cooler must be cleaned with degreasing solvent at every transmission overhaul or installation.
· Ensure all hoses and tubes are reconnected to positions noted prior to removal.
· Install cable ties as necessary.
Install transmission oil cooler (2) into two mounting clamps (4).
Install two hoses (3) on transmission oil cooler (2) with three hose clamps (1). Tighten clamps to 50-70 lbf/in
d. Follow-On Maintenance.
END OF TASK