Connect supply hose (1) to suitable flow
meter using suitable fittings as required.
Using suitable hose and fittings, connect
outlet port on flow meter to FEL valve
Ensure all hoses and fittings are tightened.
Carefully read and follow any additional
operating instructions provided by the flow
Start engine and set hand throttle to maintain
engine speed at 2,000 RPM
Observe gauge on flow meter. Flow rate
should read no less than 24 gpm (91 L/min).
For further guidance, refer to and follow any
applicable testing procedures or instructions
accompanying flow meter.
· Hydraulic fluid (Dexron III) is TOXIC. Wear protective goggles and gloves; use only in
well-ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes. Skin and clothing that come in
contact with hydraulic oil should be washed immediately. Saturated clothing should be removed
immediately. Failure to comply may result in injury to personnel.
· The IHMEE hydraulic system operates at oil pressures up to 3,000 psi (20 680 kPa). Never
disconnect any hydraulic line or fitting without first dropping system pressure to zero. Failure to
comply may result in injury or death to personnel.
(10) Disconnect flow meter outlet hose from FEL valve block (2).
(11) Disconnect supply hose (1) from flow meter.
(12) Connect supply hose (1) to FEL valve block (2). Tighten hose.
b. Follow-On Maintenance.
Check for leaks.
END OF TASK