This Task Covers:
c. Follow-On Maintenance
Tools and Special Tools
TM or Para
4-in-1 bucket removed.
FEL arms raised and
maintenance arm installed on
Equipment, suitable lifting
cylinder not being replaced.
Hydraulic system pressure
Front fender removed (on same
Grease, automotive and artillery, Item 30, Appendix C
side as cylinder to be replaced).
MOS 62B, Construction Equipment Repairer (2)
Estimated Time to Complete Task
If the FEL arms are required to be raised for service work, the maintenance arm must be fitted. Do not
work under raised FEL arms unless the maintenance arm is fitted. Failure to comply may result in
serious injury or death to personnel.
· Ensure all hoses and tubes are disconnected and clear before removal.
· Remove cable ties as necessary.
· Tag all hoses and tubes and note their positions before removal.
· Cap and plug all tubes, hoses, and fittings upon removal.
· Both lift cylinders are removed and installed in the same way. Right side is shown.