This Task Covers:
d. Follow-On Maintenance
TM or Para
Vehicle positioned on level
Tools and Special Tools
Parking brake applied.
Engine shut OFF.
Battery box opened.
Electrical master switch OFF.
"Do Not Operate" tag attached
to ignition switch.
MOS 62B, Construction Equipment Repairer
Estimated Time to Complete
The IHMEE is equipped with dual, 12-volt batteries wired in series to provide the 24 volts required by the electrical system.
Electrical components of the hydraulic system require 12 volts and are supplied through a load-sharing switch which balances
the 12-volt load over the two batteries.
· Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive
electrical circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment and injury or death to personnel
· Lead-acid battery gases can explode. Do not smoke, have open flames, or make sparks around a
battery, especially if caps are off. Battery may give off gas which can explode. Failure to comply
may result in injury or death to personnel.
· Tag all wires and note their positions before removal
· Remove cable ties as required.
· Remove negative (-) cable before removing positive (+)
Remove cable (1) from negative (-) battery post.
Remove cable (2) from positive (+) battery post.
Remove cross-over cable (3) from positive (+) battery post.
Remove two wing nuts (4), hold-down bracket (5), and battery.