This Task Covers:
c. Follow-On Maintenance
TM or Para
Vehicle positioned on level
Tools and Special Tools
Parking brake applied.
Engine shut OFF.
Battery box opened.
Electrical master switch OFF.
"Do Not Operate" tag attached
to ignition switch.
MOS 62B, Construction Equipment Repairer
Estimated Time to Complete Task
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment and injury or death to personnel may occur.
· This task replaces all battery cables; use
steps as required.
· Tag all wires and note their positions before
· Remove negative (-) cable before removing
positive (+) cable.
· Remove cable ties as necessary.
· Ensure all wires are disconnected and
cleared before removal. To gain access to
cables, some components may need to be
· If equipped, remove terminal covers from
battery terminals before proceeding.
· If vehicle has cold weather kit, remove three
wires from positive (+) terminal in Step (1).
Remove nut (1), bolt (2), and two cables (3) and (4) from positive (+) terminal (5). Refer to Para 12-16 for removal
of cable (4) from starter motor.
Remove nut (6), bolt (7), and cable (8) from negative (-) terminal (9).