This Task Covers:
c. Follow-On Maintenance
TM or Para
Vehicle positioned on level
Tools and Special Tools
Parking brake applied.
Engine shut OFF.
Electrical master switch OFF.
"Do Not Operate" tag attached
to ignition switch.
Inclinometer and bracket
MOS 62B, Construction Equipment Repairer
removed (center dash panel
Estimated Time to Complete
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment and injury or death to personnel may occur.
· Tag all wires and note their positions before removal.
· Remove cable ties as necessary.
· Ensure all wires are disconnected and cleared before removal.
· All gauges are removed and installed the same way.
· Instrument panel gauges are either electrically operated or mechanically operated. Removal and
installation procedures are the same for either type.
Remove screws and washers securing instrument panel.
Carefully lift instrument panel to gain access to gauges.
(2.1) Remove insulating sheet if present.
Remove gauge electrical connections.
Remove gauge mechanical connections (if applicable).
From rear of instrument panel, remove gauge locking device.
Remove gauge from front of instrument panel.