This Task Covers:
c. Follow-On Maintenance
Tools and Special Tools
TM or Para
Fuel tank step plate removed.
Estimated Time to Complete
MOS 62B, Construction Equipment Repairer
· No smoking, flames, sparks, or glowing or hot objects allowed within 50 ft. (15 m) of vehicle. Fire or
explosion may cause personal injury or death.
· Fuel and oil are slippery and can cause falls. To avoid injury, wipe up spilled fuel or oil with rags.
· To prevent possible injury, wear gloves and protective eye equipment when handling fuel. Failure to
comply may result in injury or death to personnel.
· Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment and injury or death to personnel may occur.
· Tag all wires and note their positions before removal.
· Remove cable ties as necessary.
· Ensure all wires are disconnected and cleared before removal.
· All wiring harnesses are removed and installed in a similar manner.
Disconnect electrical connections.
Carefully remove sender unit and gasket.
Cover seal opening in fuel tank with clean cloth.