This Task Covers:
c. Follow-On Maintenance
Tools and Special Tools
TM or Para
Air tanks drained.
Hand control pod assemblies
Operator's seat anchor buckle
MOS 62B, Construction Equipment Repairer (2)
Estimated Time to Complete Task
· Ensure air pressure is drained to 0 psi (0 kPa) before taking off any air components. If pressure is
not released, components could blow off and harm personnel. The IHMEE air system is pressurized
to 119 psi (820 kPa). Do not drain air from a tank with any part of body in air spray path. Skin
embolisms and/or debris in eyes can occur from released pressure. Failure to comply may result in
injury or death to personnel.
· The Operator's seat is heavy. Two soldiers are required to remove the seat from the cab. Failure to
comply could result in injury to personnel.
· Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive
electrical circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment and injury or death to personnel
· Tag all hoses and wires and note their positions before removal (as required).
· Remove cable ties (as required).
· Ensure all wires are disconnected and cleared before removal.