· The IHMEE hydraulic system operates at oil pressures up to 3,000 psi (20 680 kPa). Never
disconnect any hydraulic line or fitting without first dropping system pressure to zero. Failure to
comply may result in injury or death to personnel.
· Hydraulic fluid (Dexron III) is TOXIC. Wear protective goggles and gloves; use only in
well-ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes. Skin and clothing that come in
contact with hydraulic oil should be washed immediately. Saturated clothing should be removed
immediately. Failure to comply may result in injury to personnel.
· Left and right FEL arms are both removed the same. Left arm shown.
· Tag all hoses, wires, and tubes and note their positions before removal.
· Ensure all hoses, wires, and tubes are disconnected and clear before removal.
· Cap and plug all tubes, hoses, and fittings upon removal.
· Remove cable ties as necessary.
· Place drain pan beneath hoses and tubes before disconnecting.
Disconnect two FEL hydraulic hoses located
at upper rear of loader arm.
Disconnect wiring (1) from tilt-position
potentiometer (2), located at front of left
Remove bolt (3), washer (4), and cushion