This Task Covers:
c. Follow-On Maintenance
Tools and Special Tools
TM or Para
Electrical outlet unplugged.
Cooling system drained.
Estimated Time to Complete Task
MOS 62B, Construction Equipment Repairer
· Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags,
bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact
positive electrical circuits, a direct short may
result. Damage to equipment and injury or
death to personnel may occur.
· Hot parts and fluids can burn personnel. If
vehicle has been operating, let engine cool
before starting work. Avoid contact with hot
fluid when removing hoses or fittings.
Failure to comply may result in serious
injury or death to personnel.
· Coolant may damage the skin. Wear
protective equipment and avoid skin contact
when handling coolant.
· Tag all wires and note their positions before
· Remove cable ties as necessary.
Loosen nut (1) and disconnect block heater
plug (2) from block heater (3).
Remove block heater (3) from engine (4).
Remove electrical tape from connections.