Maintenance & Service Manual
R & HR32000 3 & 6 Speed LD
TRANSMISSION TO ENGINE INSTALLATION PROCEDURE
1 .Remove all burrs from flywheel mounting face and nose pilot bore.
Clean drive plate surface with solvent.
2. Check engine flywheel and housing for conformance to standard
S.A.E. #3 -S.A.E. J-927 tolerance specifications for pilot bore
size, pilot bore runout and mounting face flatness. Measure and
record engine crankshaft end play.
3. Install two 3.50 [88,90 mm] long transmission to flywheel housing
guide studs in the engine flywheel housing as shown. Rotate
the engine flywheel to align a drive plate mounting screw hole
with the flywheel housing access hole.
4. Install a 4.00 [101,60 mm] long drive plate locating stud .3750-24
fine thread in a drive plate nut. Align the locating stud in the
drive plate with the flywheel drive plate mounting screw hole
positioned in step No.3.
5. Locate transmission of flywheel housing aligning drive plate to
flywheel and transmission to flywheel housing.
Install transmission to flywheel housing screws. Tighten screws
to specified torque. Remove transmission to engine guide
studs. Install remaining
screws and tighten to specified torque.
6. Remove drive plate locating stud.
7. Install drive plate attaching screw and washer. Snug
screw but do not tighten. Some engine flywheel housings have
a hole located on the flywheel housing circumference in line
with the drive plate screw access hole. A screwdriver or pry bar
used to hold the drive plate against the flywheel will facilitate
installation of the drive plate screws. Rotate the engine flywheel
and install the remaining seven (7) flywheel to drive plate
attaching screws. Snug screws but do not tighten. After all eight
(8) screws are installed torque each one 25 to 30 ft. lbs. torque
[33,9 40,6 N.m.]. This will require torquing each screw and
rotating the engine flywheel until the full amount of eight (8)
screws have been tightened.
8. Measure engine crankshaft end play after transmission has been
completely installed on engine flywheel. This value must be
within .001 [0,025 mm] of the end play recorded in step No.2.