This Task Covers:
c. Follow-On Maintenance
Tools and Special Tools
TM or Para
Vehicle positioned on level
Equipment, suitable lifting
Parking brake applied.
Hydraulic valve manual override lever, BII,
Engine shut OFF.
Electrical master switch OFF.
"Do Not Operate" tag attached
to ignition switch.
Hydraulic pressure released.
Estimated Time to Complete
MOS 62B, Construction Equipment Repairer (2)
· The IHMEE hydraulic system operates at oil pressures up to 3,000 psi (20 680 kPa). Never
disconnect any hydraulic line or fitting without first dropping system pressure to zero. Failure to
comply may result in injury or death to personnel.
· The swing tower assembly is heavy. To avoid personal injury, exercise extreme care when manually
handling the swing tower assembly. Failure to comply may result in injury or death to personnel.
· Degreasing Solvent (MIL-PRF-680) is toxic and flammable. Keep away from heat or flame. Never
smoke when using solvent. The flashpoint for Type II Degreasing Solvent is 141 °F (61 °C). Wear
protective goggles, face shield, and gloves; use only in a well-ventilated area; avoid contact with
skin, eyes, and clothes; and do not breathe vapors. Failure to comply may result in injury or death
· If personnel become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh air and medical
help. If solvent contacts skin or clothes, flush with cold water. If solvent contacts eyes, immediately
flush eyes with water and get immediate medical attention.
· Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds burn easily and give off vapors that are harmful to the
skin and clothing. To avoid injury or death, keep away from open fire when using these materials,
and use only in well-ventilated areas. If adhesives, solvents, or sealing compounds contact the skin
or clothing, wash immediately with soap and water, and rinse thoroughly. Failure to comply may
result in injury or death to personnel.
· Use care when removing or installing snap and retaining rings. Snap and retaining rings are under
spring tension and can act as projectiles when released and could cause severe eye injury.