· Degreasing Solvent (MIL-PRF-680) is toxic and flammable. Keep away from heat or flame. Never
smoke when using solvent. The flashpoint for Type II Degreasing Solvent is 141 °F (61 °C). Wear
protective goggles, face shield, and gloves; use only in a well-ventilated area; avoid contact with
skin, eyes, and clothes; and do not breathe vapors. Failure to comply may result in injury or death
· If personnel become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh air and medical
help. If solvent contacts skin or clothes, flush with cold water. If solvent contacts eyes, immediately
flush eyes with water and get immediate medical attention.
· Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds burn easily and give off vapors that are harmful to the
skin and clothing. To avoid injury or death, keep away from open fire when using these materials,
and use only in well-ventilated areas. If adhesives, solvents, or sealing compounds contact the skin
or clothing, wash immediately with soap and water, and rinse thoroughly. Failure to comply may
result in injury or death to personnel.
Refer to page H-13 for inspection procedures.
· Cylinders are heavy. To avoid personal injury, exercise extreme care when manually handling the
cylinders. Failure to comply may result in serious injury or death to personnel.
· Hydraulic fluid (Dexron III) is TOXIC. Wear protective goggles and gloves; use only in well-
ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes. Skin and clothing that come in contact
with hydraulic oil should be washed immediately. Saturated clothing should be removed
immediately. Failure to comply may result in injury or death to personnel.
Cleanliness is essential for correct and safe operation of hydraulic system. Ensure dirt and debris are
not allowed to enter hydraulic system. Failure to comply may result in damage to equipment.
· The bucket and dipper cylinders are assembled in a similar manner.
· Lubricate all packing, O-rings, and seals with Dexron III prior to assembly.