14. Install the pivot pins for the boom. Turn the pivot
pins as necessary so that the hole in the ear of
1. Install the swing tower in the frame. Make sure
each pivot pin is aligned with the hole in the swing
that the thrust washer (the flat washer with the
tab) is installed on top of the lower frame plate.
15. Install the spacers, the hardened washers, and
The tab must be up so that it engages the notch
the bolts to fasten the pivot pins to the swing
in the swing tower. The flat washers or shims that
are used to decrease the clearance between the
swing tower and the frame must be installed
16. Fasten acceptable lifting equipment to the boom
below the lower frame plate.
cylinder. Move the boom cylinder as necessary
so that the rod eye is aligned with the swing
2. Install the top pivot pin for the swing tower so that
the grease fitting is down.
17. Install the pivot pin for the boom cylinder.
3. Install the flat washer(s) and the snap ring to
fasten the top pivot pin.
18. Install the flat washer(s) and the snap ring to
fasten the pivot pin for the boom cylinder.
4. Install the bottom pivot pin for the swing tower so
that the grease fitting is up.
19. If your machine has a horizontal hose clamp to
the rear of the vertical hose clamps, install the
5. Install the flat washer(s) and the snap ring to
horizontal hose clamp on the hoses. Install the
fasten the bottom pivot pin.
6. Put the boom latch in position.
20. Install the vertical clamps and the hardware.
7. Install the pivot pin for the boom latch.
21. Connect the hoses to the backhoe control valve.
8. Install the flat washer(s) and the snap ring to
22. Use molydisulfide grease to lubricate all pivot
fasten the pivot pin for the boom latch.
9. Move the swing cylinders as necessary to align
23. Run the engine at 1000 rpm (r/min). Slowly
the rod eyes with the mounting holes in the swing
operate the bucket, dipper, dipper extension (if
equipped), and boom cylinders through four
10. Install the pivot pins for the rod eyes of the swing
complete cycles to remove any air from the
11. Install the flat washer(s) and the snap ring to
24. The boom latch lever should have 0 to 8 mm (0 to
fasten each pivot pin.
0.32 inch) of free play at the knob when boom is
12. Carefully move the machine to align the swing
tower with the boom.
13. If necessary, install flat washers between the
boom and the swing tower. The flat washers
should fill the gaps between the boom and the
swing tower. They should also keep the boom
centered in the swing tower.
Printed in U.S.A.