Replacing a Tooth Point
1. Use a hammer and a punch to remove the flex
pin from the tooth point.
2. Install a new tooth point and drive a new flex pin
into the tooth point. Install the flex pin so that the
shoulders are toward the cutting edge.
Replacing a Tooth Shank
1. Use carbon arc rod or an acetylene cutting torch
to remove the welds that hold the tooth shank.
2. Use a grinder to remove any welds or extra metal
that will prevent the new tooth shank from fitting
3. 3. If a new cutting edge has been installed, see
the illustrations on the following page for correct
location of the bucket teeth.
4. See the following illustration for weld
specifications for all bucket teeth except the
corner bucket teeth for the universal and the
heavy duty buckets. Use E7018 welding rod to
weld the tooth shanks in position.
5. Universal and heavy duty buckets only. See the
following illustration for the weld specifications for
the corner bucket teeth. Use E7018 welding rod
to weld the tooth shanks in position.
Printed in U.S.A.