28. Install a new tetra seal and seal ring
Lightly coat the tetra seal and seal ring with
grease to hold them in place during
29. Reinstall the bearing cap assembly in the steering gear using the procedure in the "Reassembly" section
of this manual.
30. Slide the rubber boot over the input shaft
31. Install the plunger in the bearing cap.
Adjustment of the plunger will be necessary after reinstalling the steering gear. Refer
to the "Common Procedures" section of this manual.
32. Remove and discard the tape from the input shaft splines.
If your steering gear is equipped with a grease fitting, remove the fitting and fill the hole
with RTV. No further greasing is required.