This Task Covers:
c. Follow-On Maintenance
Tools and Special Tools
Tool kit, common no. 2, Item 36, Appendix B
TM or Para
Field maintenance, basic, Item 23, Appendix B
Engine separated from
Lifting equipment, suitable
Nut, self-locking, Item 112, Appendix D (4)
Estimated Time to Complete
MOS 62B, Construction Equipment Repairer (2)
Refer to MAC in Appendix B
· Never crawl under equipment when performing maintenance unless equipment is securely blocked.
Equipment may fall and cause serious injury or death to personnel.
· Keep clear of equipment when equipment is being raised or lowered. Equipment may fall and cause
serious injury or death to personnel.
· Do not work on any item supported only by lift jacks or hoist. Always use blocks or proper stands
to support the item prior to any work. Equipment may fall and cause serious injury or death to
· Do not allow heavy components to swing while hanging by lifting device. Equipment may strike
personnel and cause injury.
· Exercise extreme caution when working near a cable or chain under tension. A snapped cable,
shifting or swinging load may result in injury or death to personnel.