Section 14 - Engine Testing - Group 14
Chassis Dynamometer - Operation (14-04)
B Series Shop Manual
Caution: Low profile radial tires are more sensitive to
heat than bias ply tires. Excessive operating time at full
load can damage tires due to overheating. Check the tire
manufacturer's recommendations for the maximum al-
lowable chassis dynamometer operating time.
Follow the general safety precautions listed below while
operating the chassis dynamometer:
· Use tires that have more than 160 kilometers [100
miles] on them. Do not use new tires.
· Do not use recapped tires or tires of different sizes
· Make sure the tires are inflated to the manufactur-
· Remove all rocks or other material from the tread of
all tires that will be rotating on the dynamometer
· Make sure there is correct overhead clearance for
exhaust stacks, air deflectors, or other attachments
above the cab.