B3.9 and B5.9 Series Engines
Section 4 - Cam Followers/Tappets - Group 04
· Remove the rocker lever cover. Refer to Procedure
· Remove the rocker levers. Refer to Procedure 003-
· Remove the push tubes. Refer to Procedure 004-
· Remove the vibration damper. Refer to Procedure
· Remove the gear cover. Refer to Procedure 001-031.
· Remove the camshaft. Refer to Procedure 001-008.
Tappet Replacement Kit, Part No. 3822513
Insert the trough from the tappet replacement kit, Part No.
3822513, to the full length of the cam bore.
NOTE: Number each tappet with the cylinder number po-
sition as it is removed. Tappets must be installed in the
same position as removed.
Make sure the trough is positioned so it will catch the tappet
when the wooden dowel is removed.
Only remove one tappet at a time. Remove the rubber band
from the two companion tappets, securing the tappet not
to be removed with the rubber band.