Fuel Injection Pumps, In-Line (005-012)
B3.9 and B5.9 Series Engines
Section 5 - Fuel System - Group 05
The fuel injection pump performs the three basic functions
1. Metering the exact amount of fuel for each injection
2. Producing the high fuel pressure required for injection
3. Delivering the high-pressure metered fuel to each cyl-
inder at the precise time.
Individual plungers are used in the pumps to develop and
distribute the high pressure required for injection.
A worn or damaged plunger in the pump will affect only one
· Clean any debris.
· Disconnect all fuel lines to the pump.
· Remove control linkage.
· Disconnect AFC tube (where applicable).
· Disconnect wastegate turbocharger control line
Disconnect the external oil feed line at the inboard side of
the fuel injection pump (if applicable) and the main oil rifle.
Disconnect the external oil feed line at the rear of the pump
or AFC latchout if applicable.