ENGINE PRESTART OPERATION CONTINUED
Use only a brush and damp rag to clean cab interior. Do not use a pressurized hose. Failure to
follow this caution will cause damage to cab electronics.
Use a brush and damp rag to remove dirt and rubbish from the cab interior, especially around the pedals and control
Keep the machine controls clean and dry. Your hands and feet could slide off slippery controls. If
that happens, you could lose control of the machine, which could result in injury or death to
Remove oil, grease, and mud from the pedals, control levers, and steering wheel.
Ensure that your hands and boots are clean and dry.
Loose articles can fall and strike you or roll on the floor. You could be knocked unconscious, or the
controls could get jammed. If that happens, you will lose control of the machine, which could result
in injury or death to personnel.
Remove or secure all loose articles in the cab.
Before operating the machine, become familiar with the controls and indicators (WP 0004).
Adjust the operator s seat to a comfortable and safe position (WP 0004).
Engage the parking brake. The parking brake should have been engaged when the machine was last parked. If not already
Before lowering the work tools to the ground, ensure that the machine and the area around it are
clear of other personnel. Anyone close to the machine could fall and be crushed by the work tools,
or get caught in the linkages. Failure to follow this warning may result in injury or death to
10. Lower the work tools to the ground. Ensure that both the loader and the backhoe are on the ground, or the backhoe is in its
11. Adjust the steering column to a comfortable and safe position (WP 0004).
12. Set the rearview mirrors to give you a good view close behind the machine when you are correctly seated.
14. Check that the gear selection lever is in the Neutral position. If not, select Neutral now (WP 0004).
15. Check that the correct steering mode is selected (WP 0004).
16. Check that the correct suspension mode is selected (WP 0004).
17. Check that the correct drive mode is selected (WP 0004).