TESTING PARKING BRAKE CONTINUED
An audible alarm will sound and a warning light will illuminate when a gear is selected with the
parking brake applied. The alarm will stop when neutral is selected.
Under normal conditions, when engaged, the parking brake electronically disconnects the
transmission drive; this prevents the machine from being driven with the parking brake on.
Ensuring that neutral lock is in D position, select 2nd gear (WP 0004).
Push down hard on the brake pedal and select forward drive (WP 0004).
If the machine starts to move during the following test, immediately apply the foot brake and
reduce the engine speed. Failure to follow this warning may result in injury or death to personnel.
Do not perform this test for longer than 20 seconds. Failure to follow this caution will result in
damage to equipment.
10. If the machine has not moved, use the accelerator pedal to increase the engine speed to 1,500 rpm (WP 0004). The
machine should not move.
11. Reduce the engine speed to idle and set the forward/reverse lever to Neutral (WP 0004).
12. Release the parking brake test switch (Figure 13, Item 1).
13. Lower the work tools to the ground and stop the engine (WP 0004).
Do not use a machine with a faulty parking brake. Failure to follow this warning may result in
injury or death to personnel.
14. If the machine has moved during this test, report the occurrence to Field Maintenance. Do not use a machine with a faulty
END OF TASK