Operating the Engine
CAUTION: Prevent possible injury from
exploding container. Starting fluid is highly
flammable. Keep container away from heat,
sparks, and open flame. Contents are
pressurized. Do not puncture or incinerate
container from machine if engine does not need
IMPORTANT: Prevent damage to engine. Use starting
aid when temperatures are below 4.4°C
A--Starting Aid Switch
(40°F) and only when engine is COLD.
USING STARTING FLUID
1. Move engine rpm dial to the slow idle position.
2. Turn key switch clockwise to the START position.
3. As soon as the engine starts cranking you must
depress the starting aid switch (A).
IMPORTANT: Excess starting fluid could damage
engine; push starting aid button only
when engine is cold and cranking.
Starting aid fluid is being injected into
engine as long as you push switch.
4. If engine is cranking but no cylinders are firing you
must crank the engine for a maximum of 30 seconds.
Then release the starting aid switch (A) and turn the
key switch to the OFF position.
5. If the engine is cranking and some cylinders are firing,
continue cranking and pushing the starting aid switch
(A) for a maximum of 50 seconds. Or until the engine
Continued on next page