Operating the Machine
4. Operate excavator to position hitch in vertical position
and engage front hooks of rock drill adapter (A).
5. Rotate hitch downward to seat hitch and engage
wedge into rock drill adapter (B).
CAUTION: Do not raise the rock drill without
acceptable wedge engagement. The rock drill
can fall causing possible injury to people in the
vicinity of rock drill.
6. Set quick-disconnect switch in cab to latch position.
Rotate hitch downward a small amount to engage
7. Check for wedge engagement and manually engage
hitch safety lock pin.
NOTE: See Using Quick-Coupler Type Attachments in
this chapter for general operation tips and
information on keeping the hydraulic system clean
when connecting attachments.
8. Remove cap from quick-disconnect fitting of high
pressure hose on left side of excavator arm and plug
from quick-disconnect fitting of low pressure hose on
right side of excavator.
Continued on next page