SAMPLING HYDRAULIC OIL
IMPORTANT: Prevent damage to hydraulic system
components. DO NOT run engine
without oil in hydraulic tank.
NOTE: Sample hydraulic oil once a year.
1. Park machine on a level surface.
2. Position machine with arm cylinder fully retracted and
bucket cylinder fully extended.
3. Lower bucket to the ground.
IMPORTANT: Turbocharger may be damaged if
engine is not properly shut down.
4. Run engine with engine rpm dial at 1/3 position without
load for 2 minutes.
5. Move engine rpm dial to slow idle position.
6. Attach a "Do Not Operate" tag on the right control
7. Pull pilot control shut-off lever to locked position.
8. Open rear right side access door and secure door in
9. Clean valve (A), located on pilot filter housing
assembly, and use to sample hydraulic oil.