OPERATOR PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE CHECKS AND SERVICES
FOR HYDRAULIC EXCAVATOR 230LCR/230LCRD
ITEM TO BE INSPECTED
EQUIPMENT IS NOT
PROCEDURE: DO THE PMCS AND HAVE ITEM
REPAIRED, FILLED, OR ADJUSTED AS NEEDED
(1) Open right-side access door.
(2) Look for evidence of hydraulic leaks.
Any Class III leak evident
NOTE: Note the Arm, Boom, and Bucket
position on the placard located to the left of
the hydraulic sight gauge. This information
will be used with the hydraulic oil level check
to be performed later.
(3) Check oil level window (A) on hydraulic tank.
No hydraulic oil visible
Oil must be visible in sight gauge within safe
or not within safe
operating range as indicated on sight gauge.
(4) If empty or low, add oil (see Check Hydraulic
Oil Level under During - Start and After-Start
(1) Pull dipstick (A) from tube and check oil level.
No oil in pump gearbox
or below the ADD or
SAFE mark on the dipstick
(2) Add oil if below "H" mark (see Monthly -
Check Pump Drive Gearbox Oil Level).
NOTE: Ensure that access door is closed
securely after inspection is complete.