OPERATOR PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE CHECKS AND SERVICES
FOR HYDRAULIC EXCAVATOR 230LCR/230LCRD
ITEM TO BE INSPECTED
EQUIPMENT IS NOT
PROCEDURE: DO THE PMCS AND HAVE ITEM
REPAIRED, FILLED, OR ADJUSTED AS NEEDED
NOTE: The level check does NOT take the
place of before operation check at hydraulic
oil level window, engine coolant recovery
tank, or engine oil level dipstick.
(1) With key switch in the ON position, press level
CHECK switch (A).
(2) Check that hydraulic oil level (B) engine
Any WARNING light
coolant (C) and engine oil level light (D)
fails to function
illuminate to indicate levels are adequate for
Start and After-Start Checks
(1) Move engine rpm dial to slow idle position.
CAUTION: Prevent starter damage. Never
operate starter for more than 20 seconds at a
time. If engine fails to start, return key switch
to OFF. Wait 2 minutes, then try again. After
a false start, do not turn key switch until
(2) Sound horn to alert nearby personnel.
(3) Turn key switch to START. Release key when
engine starts (key should return to ON