OPERATOR PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE CHECKS AND SERVICES
FOR HYDRAULIC EXCAVATOR 230LCR/230LCRD
ITEM TO BE INSPECTED
EQUIPMENT IS NOT
PROCEDURE: DO THE PMCS AND HAVE ITEM
REPAIRED, FILLED, OR ADJUSTED AS NEEDED
Drain Fuel Tank Sump
(1) Park machine on level surface. Rotate upper-
structure 90° for easier access.
(2) Remove fuel tank fill cap.
NOTE: Plug is installed in drain cock to
(3) Remove plug (A) and open drain cock (B) for
several seconds to drain water and sediment
into a container. Dispose of waste properly.
Close drain cock.
(4) Install and tighten plug.
(5) Install fill cap.
Check Arctic Starter Fuel Lines
Any Class III leak evident
(1) Visually check all fuel lines for leaks. Replace
damaged, worn, or corroded fuel lines.
NOTE: Items 46 through 49 are applicable to
Model 230LCRD only.
(1) Squeeze the rubber valve (precleaner dirt
dump) on each air cleaner housing to ensure
that valves are not clogged.
Damaged or loose belts
Check All Compressor Hoses