CONTROL LEVER PATTERN CONVERSION
To change your machine pilot control levers from the
standard pattern to a John Deere pattern:
1. Lower bucket to the ground.
2. Turn key switch to OFF to stop engine.
CAUTION: High pressure release of oil from
pressurized system can cause serious burns or
penetrating injury. The hydraulic oil tank is
pressurized. Loosen vent plug to release air
3. Loosen vent plug (K) to release air pressure from
hydraulic oil tank.
4. Open door on storage compartment behind cab.
5. Remove cover above flow regulator valve.
NOTE: Do not use manufacturer's identification tags or
markings on line ends to identify lines for this
conversion procedure. The conversion must be
done on the front (cab side) of flow regulator
6. Switch hoses in an X pattern.
Switch hose (A) with hose (C).
Switch hose (B) with hose (D).
CAUTION: Prevent injury from unexpected
control lever function. Install new decals on
7. Install new black on yellow decals for John Deere
pattern on control consoles near the base of control
levers. The decals are enclosed in Operator's Manual
package. Additional decals are available through parts.
When changing back to the standard pattern, install
new black on white decals.