HYDRAULIC PUMP START-UP PROCEDURE
IMPORTANT: Hydraulic pump will be damaged if not
filled with oil before starting engine.
Procedure must be performed whenever
a new hydraulic pump is installed or oil
has been drained from the pump or
hydraulic oil tank.
Procedure is to ensure the pumps are filled with oil and
air is bled from suction side of pumps to prevent
1. Add oil until it is between marks on hydraulic oil tank
sight glass. (See Hydraulic Oil in Group 9000-04.)
2. Remove air bleed plugs (C) from the top of pump
regulators to allow housing to fill with oil from the
hydraulic tank and to let air escape.
3. When pump housing is full of oil, install plugs.
4. Check oil level in hydraulic tank. Add oil as necessary.
Tighten hydraulic oil tank cap. Tighten vent plug.
5. Start engine and run at slow idle. Slowly raise boom to
full height and then lower to pressurize hydraulic oil
C--Air Bleed Plugs
6. Purge air from the hydraulic system by slowly
operating each function through three cycles. Air in
pilot circuits are purged automatically.