DISASSEMBLE FRONT IDLER
A--Pin (2 used)
D--Plug (2 used)
F--Metal Face Seal (2
B--Bushing (2 used)
E--Bracket (Bearing) (2
G--O-Ring (2 used)
J--Cap Screw (4 used)
5. Remove axle (H). Inspect axle and bushing for
1. Remove cap screws (J). Remove yoke (I).
scoring or excessive wear.
2. Remove drain plug (D) and drain oil.
NOTE: Remove bushings only if replacement is
IMPORTANT: Metal face seals can be reused if
they are not worn or damaged. A
used seal must be kept together as a
6. Remove bushing using a 2-jaw puller and adapters
set because of wear patterns on seal
from 17-1/2 and 30-ton puller set.
7. Replace parts as necessary.
3. Remove pins (A), brackets (E), O-rings (G) and
metal face seals (F).
4. Inspect metal face seals. (See procedure in this
group.) Keep seal rings together as a matched set
with seal ring faces together to protect surfaces.