Cylinder Head and Valves
7. Follow same procedure for all remaining valves and
If valve lift on all valves is within specifications, adjust
valve lash to specified clearance. (See CHECK AND
ADJUST VALVE CLEARANCE earlier in this group.)
If valve lift on one or more valves is not within
specification, remove and inspect entire valve train and
8. Rotate engine one full revolution (360°). Lock engine
9. Set rocker arm-to-valve tip clearance to 0.0 mm (in.)
· No. 2 and 4 exhaust and No. 3 and 4 intake valves
on 4-cylinder engines.
· No. 2, 4, and 6 exhaust and No. 3, 5, and 6 intake
valves on 6-cylinder engines.
10. Repeat steps 4--7.