Cylinder Head and Valves
KNURL VALVE GUIDES
IMPORTANT: Valve guide knurling should only be
done by experienced personnel familiar
with equipment and capable of
maintaining required specification.
ALWAYS knurl valve guides before
1. Use JT05949 Valve Guide Knurler Kit to knurl valve
guides. Use kit exactly as directed by the
2. After knurling, ream valve guide to finished size to
provide specified stem-to-guide clearance.
CLEAN AND INSPECT VALVE SEATS
1. Use an electric hand drill with D17024BR End Brush to
remove all carbon on valve seats.
2. Inspect seats for excessive wear, cracks, or damage.
3. Check entire combustion face for rust, scoring, pitting,