Cylinder Block, Liners, Pistons and Rods
If engine is to be removed from the machine, see your
machine technical manual.
CAUTION: Do not drain engine coolant until it
cools below operating temperature. Then slowly
loosen block drain valve to relieve any
1. Drain coolant and engine oil.
NOTE: If engine is to be completely disassembled, see
ENGINE DISASSEMBLY SEQUENCE in Group
2. Remove cylinder head. (See REMOVE CYLINDER
HEAD in Group 05.)
3. Remove camshaft followers and keep in order for
reassembly in same position.
4. Clean all foreign material from cylinder block top deck.
IMPORTANT: Cap screws and washers must be
tightened to the correct specification to
achieve an accurate reading when
checking liner standout (height above
block), as detailed later in this group.
5. Use short cap screws (A) and 3 mm (1/8 in.) thick
washers (B) to bolt down cylinder liners (C). Fasten
each liner in two locations. Tighten cap screws to 68
N·m (50 lb-ft).
NOTE: Do not rotate crankshaft with cylinder head
removed unless liners are fastened down.
Continued on next page