Cylinder Block, Liners, Pistons and Rods
5. Remove cylinder liner O-rings (A) from grooves in
cylinder block (B). Also remove packing (C) from
cylinder liner (D).
COMPLETE DISASSEMBLY OF CYLINDER BLOCK (IF REQUIRED)
equipped). (Group 16)
If not previously removed, also remove:
6. Front plate and oil-bypass valve. (Group 16)
7. Crankshaft and main bearings. (Group 15)
1. Crankshaft pulley. (Group 15)
8. Piston cooling orifices.
2. Oil pressure regulating plug, valve, and spring in
9. Remove water gallery plugs.
timing gear cover. (Group 16)
10. If necessary to "Hot Tank" the block, also remove
3. Timing gear cover, timing gears, and camshaft.
screw-in type oil gallery plugs and the engine
serial number plate.
4. Camshaft bushing. (Group 16)
5. Balancer shafts and balancer shaft bushings (if