Cylinder Block, Liners, Pistons and Rods
INSTALL PISTON PIN BUSHING IN
Carefully file a slight chamfer on edge of rod pin bore.
Remove any burrs or sharp edges from edge of bushing
NOTE: Tapered pin-end rods do not have a lubrication
hole in the rod or bushing.
INSTALLING PISTON PIN BUSHING IN TAPERED
1. Slide bushing (A) onto JDG953-1 Driver (B) and install
JDG738-2 Installer Pilot (C) onto O-ring end of driver.
Apply clean engine oil or grease to O.D. of new
bushing, O.D. of pilot ring, and I.D. of rod pin bore.
2. Insert driver into rod pin bore so pilot ring pilots in rod
bore, and bushing taper aligns with taper on driver
3. Install JDG953-2 Receiver Cup (D) onto the opposite
side of rod.
4. Press bushing into rod bore until edge of bushing is
A--Piston Pin Bushing
flush or just slightly below rod face.
C--JDG738-2 Installer Pilot
5. If necessary, have the new bushing reamed by a
D--JDG953-3 Receiver Cup
specialized machine shop to obtain specified oil
clearance with piston pin.
Connecting Rod Pin-to-Bushing (Tapered Pin-End)--Specification
Oil Clearance................................................................. 0.020--0.056 mm
Continued on next page