Cylinder Block, Liners, Pistons and Rods
4. If liner height is above specification, check cylinder
block for burrs on liner support flange or incorrect
counterbore depth. If burrs are present, apply lapping
compound to liner flange shoulder in the block, then
install liner and turn to left and right using KCD10001or
JDG1145 Cylinder Liner Puller to rub off enough
material to seat liner as necessary.
IMPORTANT: ONE LINER SHIM ONLY may be
installed under each liner flange. If liner
requires more than one shim, install a
new liner or cylinder block.
5. If liner height is no more than 0.08 mm (0.003 in.)
below top deck of block, install one liner shim under
NOTE: Two shim sizes are available; 0.05 mm (0.002 in.)
and 0.10 mm (0.004 in.).
INSTALL PACKING ON CYLINDER LINER
AND O-RINGS IN BLOCK
IMPORTANT: DO NOT use oil or hand cleaner soap
on cylinder liner packing or O-rings.
Petroleum products will cause the red
(or white) O-ring to swell, which may
result in O-ring damage during liner
1. Pour AR54749 Soap Lubricant into a suitable
2. Dip O-rings in AR54749 Soap Lubricant.
3. Install the black O-ring (A) in the lower O-ring groove
in the cylinder block (C).
4. Install the red (or white) O-ring (B) in the upper O-ring
groove in the cylinder block.
B--Red or White O-Ring
Continued on next page