Cylinder Block, Liners, Pistons and Rods
2. A resistance will be felt when cylinder liner is aligned in
pilot bore. Finish seating liners using clean, hardwood
block and mallet. Gently tap hardwood block over top
of cylinder liner with mallet. KCD10001 (A) or JDG1145
Puller may also be used to seat liners.
NOTE: Cylinder liner will protrude over top of cylinder
block more than normal due to uncompressed
packings and O-rings.
IMPORTANT: If you suspect a packing may have
sheared or displaced during liner
installation, remove and examine the
liner and packing assembly. If no
damage is found, check packings for
proper position. Resoap packings, and
reinstall liner assembly.
3. Hold liners in place with large flat washers and cap
screws. Turn cap screws snug but do not tighten.
4. Clean cylinder liner bores with waterless hand cleaner
after installation. Wipe dry with clean towels.
5. Apply clean engine oil to liner bores immediately to
A--KCD10001 Liner Puller
ASSEMBLE PISTON AND CONNECTING ROD
IMPORTANT: If a new piston and liner assembly is to
be installed, DO NOT remove piston
from liner. Push piston out of liner
bottom only far enough to install piston
1. Lubricate piston pin and bushing with clean engine oil.
Continued on next page