Cylinder Block, Liners, Pistons and Rods
4-Cyl Heavy Duty Code 4804. 6-Cyl Heavy Duty Codes 4808, 4810.--
Piston Protrusion ................................. 0.15--0.33 mm (0.006--0.013 in.)
If protrusion does not meet specifications, check
dimensions of piston, connecting rod, cylinder block,
crankshaft, and bearings to determine the cause.
COMPLETE FINAL ASSEMBLY
7. Install oil pan. (See Group 20.)
1. Install oil pump outlet tube O-ring in cylinder block.
Install oil pump and outlet tube. (See Group 20.)
8. Install crankshaft pulley. (See Group 15.)
2. Install balancer shaft bushings (4-cylinder engines)
9. Install camshaft followers. (See Group 16.)
and camshaft bushings. (See Group 16.)
10. Install cylinder head with new gasket. (See Group
3. Install oil bypass valve (in front of block) and front
plate. (See Group 16.)
11. Fill engine with clean oil and proper coolant.
4. Install balancer shafts (if equipped). (See Group
12. Perform engine break-in. (See Group 05.).
5. Install camshaft, timing gears, and timing gear
cover. (See Group 16.)
6. Install oil pressure regulator valve, spring, and plug
in timing gear cover. (See Group 16.)