INSTALL FRONT CRANKSHAFT OIL SEAL:
1. Inspect and clean seal bore in timing gear cover.
Check for nicks or burrs. Use a medium-grit emery
cloth to smooth rough areas.
IMPORTANT: To assure proper sealing, the OD of the
crankshaft and wear sleeve MUST BE
cleaned with Brake Kleen, Ignition
Cleaner, or equivalent and dry prior to
installing seal (C).
2. Slide JDG954-2 Adapter (A) on nose of crankshaft and
tighten cap screws.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT allow oil to contact coating on
OD of seal.
3. Apply a light coating of clean engine oil to lips of seal
and position seal on crankshaft flange. (The
spring-loaded side of seal goes into timing gear cover
4. Place JDG954-1 Installer (B) over adapter. Tighten
screw until driver bottoms on nose of crankshaft.
5. Install vibration damper/pulley or pulley on crankshaft
as previously instructed in this group.
6. Install poly-vee belts.
CHECK CRANKSHAFT END PLAY
Measure end play prior to removing crankshaft to
1. Position dial indicator on contact face of flywheel, on
front crankshaft nose, on damper, or front pulley
assembly if installed.
Continued on next page