IMPORTANT: Do not apply too much pressure with
pry bar (A), as this could damage
2. Using a pry bar, gently push crankshaft as far to rear
of engine as possible.
3. Zero the dial indicator.
4. Gently pry the crankshaft as far forward as possible.
Note indicator reading. If end play is not within
specifications, install new thrust bearing.
Crankshaft, New Parts: Two-Piece Thrust Bearing--Specification
End Play .............................................. 0.05--0.25 mm (0.002--0.010 in.)
5. If new thrust bearing does not restore proper end play,
install a two-piece thrust bearing with oversize thrust
1. Inspect the clutch contact face for scoring, overheating,
or cracks. Replace or resurface flywheel if defective.
2. Examine flywheel ring gear for worn or broken teeth.
Replace ring gear if defective, as described later in this