REMOVE OIL SEAL/WEAR SLEEVE USING JDG698
1. Adjust forcing screw (A) on JDG698 Seal and Wear
Sleeve Remover and position screw so it centers tool
on crankshaft flange.
2. Use the slots in JDG698 Remover as a template, mark
three locations on seal casing where screws should be
installed for removal purposes. Remove tool from
IMPORTANT: Holes must be drilled at outer edge of
seal case. Screws will pull seal against
wear ring, thereby removing both
3. Drill a 3/16 in. hole through wear sleeve lip and seal
casing at the three marked locations.
4. Position JDG698 Remover on end of crankshaft.
5. Install three 2-1/2 in. (approximate) sheet metal screws
with washers (B) into slots of removal tool and thread
screws into holes in seal casing. Evenly tighten screws
until plate is flush with rear face of crankshaft.
6. Tighten forcing screw (plate should pull evenly against
the three screws) until seal and wear sleeve assembly
is removed from engine.
B--Sheet Metal Screws
Continued on next page