REMOVE AND INSTALL CRANKSHAFT GEAR
(CRANKSHAFT INSTALLED IN ENGINE)
NOTE: Remove crankshaft gear for replacement only; it is
not necessary to remove gear for crankshaft
REMOVE CRANKSHAFT GEAR
1. Lock engine at No. 1 "TDC" compression.
2. Remove timing gear cover. (See Group 16.)
3. Remove oil pump. (See Group 20.)
4. Remove upper idler gear and lower idler gear and
shaft. (See Group 16.)
5. Remove front plate. (See Group 16.)
NOTE: On 4-cylinder engines it is not necessary to
remove balancer shafts, if equipped.
6. Install No. 1123 (D01218AA) Pulling Attachment (A) or
larger onto crankshaft gear.
7. Install D01200AA Push Puller (B). Remove crankshaft
Continued on next page