7. Install crankshaft rear oil seal assembly. (See INSTALL
CRANKSHAFT REAR OIL SEAL AND WEAR SLEEVE
earlier in this group.)
8. If torque converter access hole plug was removed,
apply LOCTITE® 277 to plug and install.
COMPLETE FINAL ASSEMBLY
7. Install push rods, and rocker arm assembly.
Use new gaskets and O-rings during final engine
assembly. Clean all engine components as necessary
prior to assembly.
8. Install fuel supply pump and injection pump. (Group
1. Install oil by-pass valve assembly in front face of
block. (Group 20)
9. Install starting motor. (Group 40)
2. Install front plate, balancer shafts (if equipped),
10. Adjust valve clearance. (Group 05)
timing gear train, and camshaft. (Group 16)
11. Install and adjust poly-vee belts. (Group 25)
3. Install oil pump assembly. (Group 20)
12. Fill engine with clean oil and proper coolant.
4. Install timing gear cover gasket, timing gear cover,
oil pressure regulating valve assembly, and front oil
seal. (Groups 15 and 16)
13. Perform engine break-in. (Group 05)
5. Install oil pan. (Group 20)
6. Install crankshaft pulley, or vibration damper.