Camshaft, Balancer Shafts and Timing Gear Train
NOTE: Mark and identify location of timing gear cover
hardware before removal to aid in reassembly.
15. On later engines1, remove timing gear
cover-to-cylinder block stud nuts and washers (A).
16. Remove timing gear cover-to-cylinder block stud nuts
and washers (D).
17. Remove cap screws (B) and remove cap screw (E)
on back of cover.
18. Remove cap screws (C) bordering timing cover.
19. Remove oil seal from timing gear cover.
A--Stud Nuts and Washers
D--Stud Nuts and Washers
Serial Numbers: Dubuque-built engines (703905-- ), Saran-built
engines (516218-- ), Torreon-built engines (001000-- ).