Camshaft, Balancer Shafts and Timing Gear Train
MARK ONTO REPLACEMENT FRONT PLATE
IMPORTANT: Replacement front plates do not have
an injection pump timing mark. It is
extremely important that the timing
mark be accurately transferred from
original front plate to the replacement
plate in the exact location for correct
injection pump timing.
1. Position DFRG5 Aluminum Template (B) onto original
front plate (C) as shown. (See Group 199, Dealer
Fabricated Tools for manufacturing detail.) Install and
tighten three 3/8-16 cap screws securely.
2. Transfer injection pump timing mark (A) from previous
front plate onto template using a fine tip marker and
straightedge. Remove template from front plate being
3. Attach template (with timing mark) to new replacement
front plate and tighten cap screws securely.
4. Transfer timing mark from the template to the new front
plate using a scribe. Scribe deep enough so mark
becomes a permanent reference.
5. Remove template from front plate and install front plate
(see procedure later in this group).